Our Vehicle Inspection Report (VIR) is a state-of-the-art application for fleets currently using paper DVIRs. And, if your fleet uses Hours of Service, you will find that by using VIR you can eliminate the need for and expense of paper log books. Benefits and features of VIR include:
Save your fleet money. Easy access to centralized information eliminates the need for and processing of paper vehicle inspection reports.
- Stores vehicle and trailer inspection reports electronically on a Omnitracs-hosted application that you can access 24/7/365 via any Internet connection.
- Retains a history of inspection reports for 90 days.
- Maintains current VIRs on mobile units.
Reduce errors and more efficiently manage the defect resolution process.
- The dashboard displays the number of VIRs with defects and shows total units without a recorded VIR in the past 24 hours.
- Sends email alerts when VIRs with defects are submitted for tractors and trailers.
- Notifies drivers when submitted VIRs are updated and closed by your maintenance department.
- Focuses on the critical inspection elements and requirements identified by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
- Records feedback and remediation history on VIRs with identified defects.
- Provides separate inspection forms for trailer and vehicle.
- Includes relevant time, driver, and vehicle data on each DVIR.
Utilize the search, edit, data exporting, and printing capabilities.
- Allows searching of VIRs by equipment type, driver, open/closed status, and date range.
- Allows printing or exporting of individual VIRs as well as reports.
Control user access and editing capabilities within your fleet.
- Lets you control who can view, update, and assign VIRs.
- Requires drivers to log in to access VIRs.
- Allows VIR access through Hours of Service interface or as a stand-alone application.